Start promoting your domains and sell faster!
You have the perfect domain for someone else’s business but you can’t find the right buyer? Start promoting your domains and let the world know that you have the best domain for their business. There are two steps to be taken before you start actively promoting your domains that are essential:
1. Put your For Sale pages live for each of your domains that you want to sell. The For Sale pages are by far the best thing you can do to promote your domain. It is like putting a for sale sign in front of your house when you want to sell your house at the right price. Need help? Check out this article on how you can start using Undeveloped’s For Sale pages within 5minutes: https://medium.com/undeveloped/your-own-for-sale-page-adc1b66a3638
2. Price your domains! Set your ´Buy Now´ and ´Starting Offer´ price for your domains. Be transparent towards the buyer. If you are actively promoting your domains and sending buyers to your For Sale pages then it is better to give them your price so they can at least see if the price matches their budget. Read the following article in case you are unsure how to price your domains:
Write your promotional text
Start by writing a 3-line promotional text. Take your time to create a catchy and easy to read piece. We recommend your promotional text to include:
- Why is this domain interesting for the potential buyer?
- Which marketplace will guarantee the swift, safe and secure transaction?
- A link to your For Sale page
- Your asking price
Non-paid, or free promotions are commonly used for domains which are worth between $0,- and $1000,- (excl. VAT). The setup for these non-paid promotions is swiftly done and free of charge. The downside of this kind of promotion is that they are quite commonly used, and it is difficult to pinpoint whether you have reached your target group. The use of free promotions could result in you not getting the realistic price for your domain.
Some of the interesting platforms you can use to promote your domains are
Facebook pages / Twitter pages / LinkedIn pages
Social Media is the perfect way to reach a lot of buyers. Just post your For Sale page or public profile on social media at one of the pages below:
For more, search in Facebook for “sell your domains” in the search bar.
For Twitter you can use the following hashtags:
For an overview of available pages:
Domain forums are often used by domain resellers. Perfect to sell your domain for a couple of bucks. You may not be able to expect to hit the jackpot there but here are some good forums to promote the link to your domains For Sale pages are:
Pro tip: Put a link to your public profile in your footer or biography on the platforms your using online. (Facebook, Twitter Forums, etc.)
Post an article on your own blog if you have one. Start looking for interesting blogs which are related to your domain. For example, if you have the domain computers.com, go looking for blogs about IT, technology, computers, and other related terms. There is a good chance that a potential buyer reads your comments or responses!
If you are active on different social media channels, put “domain for sale” in your signature! The more people know about your intention to sell the domains, the better!
Paid promotion is perfect for valuable domains. The big question is, where is the audience that you want to target. Take a look at the following places to find out which channel suits you best.
Social media advertising
Knowing what type of person/business would be interested in buying a particular set of domains you own will make social media advertising a useful tool for you. Choosing specific locations, demographics, interests, or behaviours can help you to reach your target group. It’s important that you keep your message straightforward and easy to understand for everyone. Check out the following links for more info about this type of promotion:
These steps will help you gain more traction for your ‘for sale’ pages in order to sell your domains faster! We are always happy to help and provide more tips for your promotional success: